Friday, September 25, 2009

Week 8.

This week we had to explore the scope of political participation on the internet. I dont particularly take a huge interest in politics other than the major issues so i tried to achieve some of the following as a learning experience.
  • I signed a petition against the 20% increase in car registrations costs.
  • I read up on the Kenmore Bypass on their blog, which would affect me as i live in the area.
  • I also follow PM Kevin Rudd on twitter!!!

What do you think of the Australian Government's plans to censor the internet (the so-called "Clean Feed")???

I dont think the Australian Government should censor the internet. One aspect of this that i believe is important is who decides what Australians can and cant access on the internet? I think that if the internet is censored, Australians will have a disadvantage in news and global affairs as we will only be told what they want to know. In regards to children on the internet, i think it is up to the parents or guardians to decide at what age their child should be allowed to access the content on the internet as well as installing their own software to protect their children. I don't think it is the Australian Governments responsibility to regulate our internet usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment